Request for contributions to EFSA survey on the risk of pesticides to bees
1. Do any of you have information on the amount of possible exposure to pesticides through honeydew, guttation water or air in field conditions that bees may be exposed to?
2. Do you have information showing that the max. in time of the concentration of an active ingredient (a.i.) can be higher in a hive than in the flowers of the treated crops?
3. According to your experience, what is the natural background mortality of a hive? (if possible, please add scientific references to support your answer)
4. In a field test, how many colonies should be used per treatment on a regular basis when running field trials?
5. Could those of you experts in non-Apis bees, have a look at the risk assessment schemes of Bumble bees (section 7.2) and solitary bees (section 7.3)?
6. If the only risk coefficient after laboratory testing of acute contact toxicity shows potential impact on bees (HQ=LD50/application rate) should semi-field studies be carried out?