13.4.1. Material for balloons and drone traps
- Weather balloons (natural colour), of 200 g or 300 g weight (depending on the weight of the drone trap that is to be lifted (Fig. 30).
- A 50-m kite line and a kite winder (for about 50 kg) (Fig. 31A).
- A helium tank with a regulator filler valve including a gauge to inflate balloons (Fig. 31B).
- A hand truck for moving helium tanks securely (Fig. 31C).
- Several ball-bearing snap swivels (for about 50 kg, shops for kite or fishing supplies).
- Queen in cage and/or queen dummies with queen pheromones, bee boost.
- Fly catcher paper ribbon to trap drones for dead drone samples.
- White nylon net to trap live drones:
- Wedding veil with a wide mesh diameter to limit wind resistance (in craft or fabric stores). Stainless steel wire (diameter 0.014 cm).
- Lead containing white cotton bead (drapery store).
- Blackened cigarette filters or black wooden sticks of about the same size as drone decoys.
- Clear nylon monofilament fishing line.
Fig. 30. Weather balloon with drone trap.
Fig. 31A. Kite line winder. B. Helium valve with gauge. C. helium tank with hand truck.