7.9.9. Joining attributes from other vector layers
For visualisation purposes (see map creation in section 7.10.) we must join the land cover percentage per honey bee colony buffer (see sections 7.9.6. and 7.9.8.) to the original point layer bees_colony_locations.shp (see 6.9.8. for more information). To do this:
- Double-click on bees_colony_locations.shp in the Map Legend to open its Layer Properties.
- Switch to the Tab Joins.
- Click the button to add a join to another vector layer.
- Select bees_colony_locations_buffer.shp as Join layer (Fig. 117).
- Make sure the Join and Target fields are set to their identifier “ID”.
- Leave unchecked both of the checkboxes and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Layer Properties.
Congratulations, you have finished your first geo-statistical analysis
with QGIS. The next section is about the creation of maps.
Fig. 117. Join vector layers.