18.104.22.168. Brood area
- Count the number of combs containing brood. Count the brood as 0.5 if the brood is just on one side of the comb.
- In addition, the brood area on a central brood comb gives useful information on the brood activity of the hive. A 4 point scoring is recommended for the protocol according to following the scheme:
- 4 points: brood
present on more than 75 % of the comb,
- 3 points: brood present on 50 – 75 % of the comb,
- 2 points : brood present on 25-50 % of the comb,
- 1 point: less than 25 % of the whole comb area is covered with brood.